Thursday, October 18, 2007

Not a winning Prodigy

A few days back, rather about 2 weeks back I received a mail from our college explain details of a competition called Google Product Prodigy. I was thrilled with this contest because I had wished for such a competition. Though there was a small constraint, that only two entries were allowed from the college. I knew that with an idea that was already in my mind, I would be definitely able to clear atleast the college level.

So I called up a couple of my friends and discussed this stuff with them, and we decided to work together. Well I really don't wanna discuss the idea here, but I believe it was something I have never seen implemented anywhere and was thus supposed to be unique. So we started with the abstract that was to be provided to the college and we dedicated 2 days (rather nights) discussing this topic and preparing abstract. On the last day, we took a printout and provided it to the Department for approval.

We expected the results to be out soon as there were only a few entries submitted for it. The results were to be announced in the end of the day.. so I went back home as I had some work pending. Later it was announced that all the teams who submitted their entries have to report to the department for a basic overview of each project. As I was not in the college by that time, I told my friends to report at the department for the same.

After an hour or so.. I received a message saying that we were not selected. I don't know what happened and how we were not selected. I just wished that I could have got a chance to talk to them... Probably it might have made a difference. But now who cares, we might get more of those chances in future.. So probably we are not winning prodigies.

No comments: