Monday, July 2, 2007

Back on track but still derailed!!

Finally dcetech.com is back on track and MTNL Broadband users are able to access the site again, i guess that mail that I forwarded to the MTNL helpdesk did the magic.The site is up and running back again. In fact I have shifted the databases to point to new ones and have sent the request to shift nameservers too. So probably the work will be finished within a couple of days.


Well finally the much awaited month has arrived and it has revived my download limit, so i feel like download everything that I have in queue, but this time i m gonna do it a bit sensibly so as not to exceed the download limit far again. I downloaded the mysql server and php applications along with apache and configured them to work on my Linux system. And it worked with ease. Also I installed phpmyadmin to make mysql access easier.


So as soon as I thought that my experiments with Linux are back on track, I remembered that I had to install Ruby on rails too. I found a tutorial to install and configure ROR on Ubuntu's site: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RubyOnRails and followed each and every step to install and configure it on my system. But I guess there was some problem with the configuration and I landed up nowhere. Though rails framework is installed properly, and is working properly with WEBrick, but I was
unable to configure it with apache2. I searched the ubuntuforums for it but still no success. The people over there are also facing some problems configuring ROR with apache2. May be the configuration is very complicated to be debugged easily.So I was back on track but still no ruby on rails and thus I am de'rail'ed!!


Well I am trying to reconfigure rails to work with apache, meanwhile I am working with WEBrick for the time being...

No comments: